Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Rooster Tails


It drizzled for about six hours, starting late Saturday night and tapering off early this morning. I did some chores, and then hopped on The Roadley to make a Starbucks run. It started drizzling again just as I exited the store, so I parked the bike under one of their umbrellas and enjoyed my Cinnamon Dolce Latte.



It rained steadily for ten minutes or so, and then began to let up, so I started to head back home. Less than a block later, I passed by a bank drive-thru lane which had a wonderful puddle in it. I couldn't resist; I circled around the bank three times, sending up rooster tails from both wheels as I zipped through the puddle.



The rain returned as I rode the mile and a half home, rinsing the bike so thoroughly that I just needed a terrycloth car rag to wipe the spots dry. Even though I was pretty soaked, in the 53°F temperature I was perfectly comfortable.

It sure beat going to church.

No comments:

Post a Comment