Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Huff! Puff! Outta Shape!


Rode Bluetiful into work yesterday. Even though I haven't been able to commute, because of the need to tend to Hawkeye during my lunch hour, I thought that taking a "constitution ride," or a quick run to Starbucks, in the mornings and evenings every day would be enough biking time to keep my fitness level up.

It wasn't. On the last little upgrade before the parking lot of my office I was huffing and puffing and could hardly manage 12 mph! Going home was better, but my quads were sensitive for about a half hour after I finished.

Getting on The Roadley and taking a Tour de Starbucks yesterday evening was very easy, however, because the legs had recovered and felt very strong. The Brooks saddle is getting more and more comfortable, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment