Monday, September 7, 2009

Birth of a Nut



Well, it's official: I've become a true recumbent nut.

One of the little college age baristas at the Starbucks this morning pointed at my Sun parked outside and said "You mind if I ask you a question about your bike?"

"Not at all, what would you like to know?"

"Why does it have a smaller front wheel?"

So, I launch into a whole sermon about how the smaller front wheel has lower rolling resistance and is also therefore more maneuverable on the long wheelbase bikes and how some people actually modify my bike by getting an after-market fork for a 26" front wheel and I'm just starting to get into the whole "smaller front wheel makes the whole bike more aerodynamic" spiel and I look at her face and realize that I'm giving her WAY too much information so ...

"Anyway, it works well."

She smiled, said "That makes sense," gave me my drink and I beat feet out of there.

No comments:

Post a Comment