Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ouch!

This morning, just as I was at the end of my ride and approaching the last intersection, I hit a rock with the front wheel of the Sun. The thing was about an inch and a half in diameter, and I didn't see it in the road, until the very last second, since I was busy looking both ways, clipping out, etc.

As usual, the little 20" front tire just climbed up the edge of it and spit it out to the right like an overgrown Tiddly Wink. The unusual part was the fact that the front wheel popped up about three inches off the ground and a little sideways to the left.

I was only about a block from the house, so I rode in carefully, listening for the telltale sound of air escaping from the tire. I heard none, and when I checked out the tire I found where the tire had hit the rock by the dirt and gravel and a very slight mark on the tire. That is one tough little tire!

No comments:

Post a Comment